Honestly is there a need to Blog about anything linux related? Already so much had been said and explained that there is no need to write this down anymore. Wait no not everything has been said, that is correct, I am here to talk about Linux in a different way.
What is Linux?
If this question lurks in your mind What is Linux, then you have not read it all and most importantly in simple words. Well to be precise it is an operating system that can be found in open source software. Its early sources can be traced back to 1991 and ever since it has been a part of our lives knowingly or knowingly.
It is used for android in smartphones and tablets, mainframe computers, super computers, consoles and video games widely.
Why use Linux?
There are many reasons why developers prefer using Linux which can be cited as:
- Free software
- It offers a lot of combination for hosting with other opensource software like MySQL and PHP
- Linux constantly remains updated as an many people work on it being an opensource OS
- This indicates that in case of a problem you can post it and get instant solutions to it as well while working on Linux
- This means it can go on months without crashing unlike other operating systems
- It is an ideal solution for applications that are network based as it can operate freely via the internet
Advantage of Linux
This brings us to another point of discussion that of the major advantages of using Linux as an operating system. Seems I really have a lot to Blog about anything linux related! Some of the advantages are:
- Stability – As it has been already explained that it hardly ever crashes as an operating system, this makes it a stable OS for all platforms
- Free OS – Yes it comes for free and there are no additional charges that can be incurred for its time to time installations!
- Secured – This is a secured OS as it has system based security features that seldom let it down. Hence the threats against malware attacks, virus, spyware, worms and Trojan is comparatively less with Linux.
- Good on old PCs – It is like fresh air for old computers as it can make them faster and help the user play games, work on spreadsheet, create PowerPoint presentations and edit documents.
- Keeps the system speedy – That is right installing Linux would mean that a system will not slow down as it hardly crashes. Only remember to keep your computer defragmented if it is an older one regularly as that will speed up the performance.
Although critics say that it cannot run many Windows programs, yet its usability will never weigh it down for sure.